Monday, 14 January 2013

Hypnoanalysis

Anxiety, specially while driving, still accompanies me every day.  I've learnt not to fight it, just to recognise it when it arrives.  Sometimes it gets the better of me and I don't beat myself up about it.  Before I can sometimes catch myself I'm in the spiral of "what ifs" and "it's my fault" and then I can really spin stories for you.  Most days, I accept that it is there, acknowledge it and go about as normal.

This is easier to do while not driving. I am able to drive on the highway, but most days I stick to the slow lane.  I use my courage muscle when venturing into the fast lane to overtake a vehicle or truck.  Some days I do this without a second thought but most days I'm not driving with complete ease.  It feels like I'm always working hard at driving. 

I'm no longer a victim of this anxiety though, and I know it will pass once it's message has been delivered. 

To find that message though...Our sub-conscious minds are so powerful, I've learnt so much about it over the last 3 years - it's incredible. The root of this problem lies therein... I want to find it.

At least three different people have told me I should investigate hypnotherapy.  I didn't pay too much attention at the beginning, but I've come to a point where I've decided to try this out.

I researched it a little as I wasn't entirely sure what it entailed.  Hypnosis is a normal state of consciousness, concentrated and directed daydreaming. At no stage do you lose control, you're completely aware of your surroundings, but in a detached sort of way.

I've been referred to a lovely lady who is a very gifted hypnotherapist, amongst a great many other gifts.  After a 2 month waiting period, I arrived for my first consultation on Saturday.  I sat in her living room, there was a candle burning and there was an enormous bookcase with books ranging from recipes to astrology.  Leading me into the therapy room, there was a huge couch - yes I get to lie down...hahaha - there was an even bigger bookcase with various books.  I find myself in awe, wondering if she's read all of them.

I'm immediately comfortable and at ease, just a bit nervous about not knowing what to expect.  This first session is all about gathering history.  She asks me all kinds of questions about everything.  She's very thorough and I'm glad for that.  There's no hypnosis at the first session, we just talk about everything.  I leave feeling that she's really going to help me find the root of this anxiety and I'm excited.

My next session is in a week's time where she will teach me self-hypnosis and more information gathering.  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment